Our websites

National Networks

Essential supplies

  • gov.uk/coronavirus-extremely-vulnerable you can register here if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to coronavirus. For example, you’ll be able to ask for help getting deliveries of essential supplies like food.

Money and benefits

Health, wellbeing and safety

  • nhs.uk offers advice for everyone, for people at high risk, information on symptoms and what to do and information on self-isolation if you or someone you live with has symptoms.
  • nhs.uk/every-mind-matters provides tips and advice on things you can do now to help you keep on top of your mental wellbeing and cope with how you may feel while staying at home.
  • nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing provides information on asking for a test to check if you have coronavirus, if you have symptoms, and you can find details of the NHS Test and Trace Service too.
  • youthworksupport.co.uk provides advice, guidance, support and tools for youth workers during the coronavirus, resources to help you and young people keep calm, stay connected and be safe and links to other useful sites to support youth workers or use with young people
  • mind.org.uk offers information about conditions, treatment options and practical issues if you’re living with a mental health problem, or supporting someone who is.
  • Action Fraud has details of coronavirus related scams and crimes as well as advice on keeping safe and protecting yourself from fraudsters.
  • National Domestic Abuse Helpline is a free 24-hour helpline for anyone impacted by domestic abuse. Call 0800 2000 247.
  • Neighbourhood Watch is where you can find an existing Neighbourhood Watch scheme in your area.
  • cruse.org.uk can support you after the death of someone close. They offer a range of free confidential support for adults and children.
  • youngminds.org.uk provide tips, advice and guidance on where young people can get support for their mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
  • childrenssociety.org.uk has activities and resources to help with young people’s mental health and well-being.


Regional Networks



Essential supplies

  • The Active and Wellbeing Society offer food and help for people self-isolating. They are also working with Aston Villa Foundation to collect and distribute clothes to those most in need across the city. Go to www.theaws.co.uk for details.

Money and benefits

  • Birmingham Settlement can support you with money advice. Their offices are closed but they can offer advice over the phone. Call 0121 250 0765 or email moneyadvice@bsettlement.org.uk

Health, wellbeing and safety


  • Birmingham City Council have information on how they are dealing with the coronavirus and details of support to the wider Birmingham community, as well as information about all their usual services during this time.
  • veolia.co.uk has a new online booking system to access Birmingham’s network of Household Recycling Centres and ensure that social distancing measures are followed.
  • BVSC (the centre for voluntary action) has information on the routes available for accessing support in Birmingham.



Essential supplies

  • Telford Foodbank will help those in crisis and who are unable to put food on their plates.
  • Telford and Wrekin Council may be able to provide you with emergency assistance for things such as gas and electricity vouchers,  food parcels or replacement white goods, if you are eligible. The Council is also operating a Coronavirus Helpline (Operation Shield) particularly for the more vulnerable who are in urgent need of assistance. The helpline number is 01952 382030.
  • Telford Crisis Network is available to order or request a food parcel. Please call 01952 380 400 (Telford & Wrekin Council contact centre).

Health, wellbeing and safety

  • Live Well Telford can provide you with information and signposting to a wide range of services, activities and organisations in the area, to help you find the support you need to live a healthy independent life. They offer information on services, activities and organisations that can give advice or practical support, help at home, health conditions, childcare information, leisure information and more.
  • Womens’ Aid offers domestic violence support for women in Telford.
  • Telford and Wrekin Council offer domestic violence support for women in the borough.
  • Shropshire Domestic Abuse Service offer services to women, men, members of the LGBT community and children and young people. Call 0300 303 1191 or email sdas@shropsdas.org.uk.

Older person’s services

  • Telford and Wrekin Council Community Support Line Coronavirus offers an online form to request community support if you are over 70, or under 70 with underlying health conditions, and have no friends or family nearby due to the coronavirus outbreak.
  • The Silver Line offers phone and internet-based information, friendship and support for older people. Open 24 hours a day and links to Age UK.
  • Age UK Telford provides free, confidential and expert advice for older people.

Money and benefits

  • Telford and Wrekin Council can provide information and help with council tax payments during this time, including if you are struggling to now pay your council tax bill.
  • Citizens Advice Telford & Wrekin can provide help and advice on issues such as benefits, debts or employment worries as well as consumer advice, legal help and much more. Email case@telfordcab.co.uk, call 01952 567193 or 01952 567173 or for the advice line call 0300 330 1165.
  • Just Credit Union and Fair Share Credit Union both operate in Telford and offer affordable loans and other services.
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categorised in:

More information:

0300 333 6540

Email >>

Share this article: