Food Support Birmingham
- B30 Foodbank provides emergency food if you are in crisis. They do not provide pandemic-related regular weekly parcels. If you cannot afford food, they will provide you and your family with food for three days. To access the service, you can call us on 0300 333 6540 and ask for the Financial Inclusion Officer who will be able to fill out a referral on your behalf.
- Northfield Foodbank (based at St Nicholas place). The Foodbank runs Monday to Friday and you can refer yourself via their hotline 0121 411 2157. A weekly hot meal service will be running every Thursday from the Baptist Church. To refer yourself for hot meals, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07385 920 694.
- Free@Last (49 Nechells Park Road). A café operates five days a week, between 10am and 2pm, where, if you’re a local resident (proof needed), food is half price. You can also buy a carrier bag full of groceries for £2. The service can also help you access the Nechells & Aston Foodbank too. Call 0121 327 5959 or email email@example.com
- Aston and Nechells Foodbank can help you with food support and access. Contact Rosemary Cripps, Coordinator, on 07384 213621 for information.
- Nechells Pod (28 Oliver Street) offers regular safe and well checks, signposting you to other services that can help you such as food collections, essential items and emergency drop-offs. Contact Rachel Perks or Nora Flynn on 0121 681 2173 / 07305 862 545 , email firstname.lastname@example.org or go to www.facebook.com/Nechellspod
- Birmingham City Council’s Local Welfare Provision can help you in a short-term crisis with food and essential items. It’s grant-based, which means if you do receive help you won’t have to repay anything.
Food Support Telford
- Telford Foodbank is part of Telford Crisis Network based at The Hub on the Hill in Sutton Hill, and can provide you with emergency food and toiletries. To use the foodbank, call 01952 459258 or Telford & Wrekin Council Crisis Support on 01952 380400.
- Dawley Christian Centre Foodbank is based on Dawley High Street and is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between 10:30am and 12:30pm if you’re finding things a struggle at the moment. Call 01952 505108 for details.
- Food Share Project UK (Telford branch) is a social supermarket which saves food from incineration or landfill. They supporting low income families in various areas of Telford and offer fantastic fresh produce and food sold at low prices. There are collection points at Rampart Way (the old Office Outlet store) and one in Madeley. You will need to book a slot to collect food and the cost is £2 per person in the household. Slots can be booked via Facebook
Whether you live in Birmingham or Telford, if you are a BVT resident or member of our communities and are struggling with food costs, we may be able to provide you with direct assistance. You can call us on 0300 333 6540