Our websites

If you own your home there are lots of changes that you can make that you don’t need our permission for.

These include:

  • General maintenance like installing a new boiler or fitting carpets
  • Painting interior doors and walls
  • Fitting a water meter or outdoor tap.

There are changes you will need our permission for, including:

  • Extensions
  • New windows and doors
  • Driveways
  • Loft/garage conversions
  • Conservatories.

These are just a few examples and it is important that you get permission before making any changes to your home, even if they comply with our Design Guides.

To apply for an alteration to your home in Birmingham, please complete a Making Alterations to Your Home Application Form.

To apply for an alteration to your home in Telford, please visit www.lightmoorvillage.org.uk or www.bvtlawleyvillage.org.uk

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Categorised in:

More information:

0300 333 6540

Email >>

Share this article: