Our websites

If you live in a home that benefits from a specific service you may need to pay a service charge in addition to your rent.

For example, you may have a communal garden, lighting or hallway that is maintained or cleaned by us.

This charge is separate from your standard weekly rent but it is collected and increased at the same time as your rent.

The amount you pay is based on the cost we pay for the services, plus a small admin charge.

Most service charges are eligible for Housing Benefit / Universal Credit. However, please do check with your local Benefit Service.

If you are unsure whether you need to pay a service charge, please check your tenancy agreement.

You can also contact our Customer Services team by emailing enquiries@bvt.org.uk

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Categorised in:

More information:

0300 333 6540

Email >>

Share this article: