If you have a garden it is important that you maintain it, this includes the front and back if you have both.
Your tenancy agreement will explain all your responsibilities for looking after your garden.
Some of these responsibilities include:
- All gardening maintenance including dustbins and refuse areas where applicable
- Boundary fencing between gardens (other than chain-link fencing and privacy panel and fencing in Lightmoor and Lawley)
- Sheds (unless funded by BVT)
- Keeping gully grids clear
- Replacing clothes lines, posts and rotary driers (except in communal drying areas)
- Replacing or repairing water butts
- Avoiding planting trees close to boundaries, drains, or your home, as this can damage the property
- Not erecting or removing hedges, walls or fences without our approval first
- Consulting your neighbours before lighting a fire or bonfire.
If you are an older person and are struggling to maintain your garden, your local Age UK may be able to help you.
For more information about Age UK’s services, please visit the Age UK website www.ageuk.org.uk