Making sure that you pay your rent on time and keeping your rent account in credit, is a very important part of managing your tenancy with us.
Having a clear rent account helps to guarantee that you can continue to live in your home, safely and securely.
As your landlord and housing association, we can give you advice and guidance on the best ways of keeping your rent account in check.
As a tenant, it is your responsibility to:
- Make sure your rent account does not go into debit at any time. You can make rent payments on our website by going to the Make a Payment section and view your rent statements, by registering for SeeMyData or logging into SeeMyData – the secure self-service portal
- Tell us about any changes in your circumstances that might affect you paying your rent, such as a new job or having a child
- Contact us as soon as you are finding it difficult to manage your rent account and money
- Work with us to manage your rent account, don’t ignore our calls or letters.
We also have a number of responsibilities to you, which include:
- Making sure you have access to your rent account, which you can do by signing up to SeeMyData. For more information about this, please go to the Manage Your Information page.
- Giving you advice and guidance on managing your rent account, including information to support you to make informed decisions.
If you need help managing your money, your rent account, or are struggling to pay everyone you owe money to, we can help.
Our friendly Financial Inclusion Officers in Birmingham and Telford can work with you to assess your finances, help you manage your money and maximise your income.
To get in touch with our Financial Inclusion Officers or a member of our Income teams, please contact us.