Our websites

Transfers and Swapping Your Home

If you are a tenant and have outgrown your home, want to downsize or just move on, there are two ways you can do this.


You can apply to transfer to another BVT, or housing association home, using BVT Homes.

For more information about BVT Homes and to register, please go to the Applying for a Rented Home page. 

Mutual exchanges:

A mutual exchange is where you swap your home, and tenancy, with another housing association or Council tenant.

You will need our permission first to do this and you can apply by registering with HomeSwapper, the UK’s most popular mutual home exchange service.

If you have a starter tenancy you will not be able to register until it converts to an assured one.

When you exchange, you take on the tenancy of the person you are exchanging with. Please make sure that you are happy with the terms and conditions of their tenancy and the condition of the property, including its fixtures and fittings.

For example, if it’s not well decorated or the garden is untidy, you will be responsible for putting these things right not BVT.

For more information about HomeSwapper and to register, please visit the HomeSwapper website www.homeswapper.co.uk

Are you considering downsizing and would like some advice on what to do? Please call us on 0300 333 6540 (Birmingham) or 01952 293777 (Telford) to discuss your circumstances.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Categorised in:

Community Notice Board

Here you can read the latest news from Bournville Village Trust. For media enquiries, please contact our PR and Communications Manager by calling 0300 333 6540.

All News