Our websites

Making the move to Universal Credit

The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is writing to some people who get benefits to let them know they need to claim Universal Credit (UC) instead.

This letter is called a ‘migration notice’. You don’t need to do anything until you get this letter but, when you do, it’s important to check the date you need to claim by.

You won’t be moved to UC automatically. Please look out for this letter and don’t ignore it.

If you need help with a UC application or you’re concerned about managing your income until your first UC payment, please follow the instructions in the letter.

Categorised in: ,

News and events

Read our latest news. For media enquiries, please call our Communications team on 0300 333 6540.

All News