Due to Covid, some of our services are being delivered in a different way to reflect government advice and to keep you and our staff as safe as possible.
Customer service and our offices
- We are asking you to consider the following before calling us to help support our customer services team; Can you make a payment, report a routine repair or contact us on our website instead?
- Our Birmingham office (350 Bournville Lane) is now open to customers Monday-Friday 8.30am-4.30pm, with no need to book an appointment. If you need to make payment, report a routine repair or apply to make an alteration to your home, please do this here on our website where you can. We are not taking any cash payments or accepting cheques at our office. Our Cherry Tree House office in Lightmoor has partially reopened on Mondays 9.30am-1pm and Wednesdays 1pm-4.30pm. If you need to see us outside of these hours, please go to the reception at Bournville House (adjacent to the office), where a member of the team will be able to assist you. Our Five Gates depot remains closed to visitors.
- We are holding some meetings in a different way. For example, we may call you instead of visiting you at home.
Repairs and maintenance
- Our repairs operatives will always wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the repair that they are carrying out to keep you and them as safe as possible.
- We are asking you to tell us if you are self-isolating or exhibiting symptoms of coronavirus when you book a repair with us. Before we visit your home to carry out a repair, an operative will also call you to ask these questions.
- If you are self-isolating we may still be able to attend, but we will ask you or anyone else in your home to keep away from the room or area we are working in (at least 2 meters) whilst the repair is being carried out.
Housing and community services
- We are continuing to carry out new lettings. Please go to our Applying for a Rented Home page for details of how to rent a home with us.
- Our museum, Selly Manor Museum is now open.
- Our parks, open spaces and playgrounds / areas in Birmingham and Telford remain open. There’s a full list of the ones we manage on the Parks and Open Spaces page. If you plan to use any of our parks and open spaces or playgrounds / areas, please: Observe social distancing. If the facilities are particularly busy, consider coming back and using them at a quieter time. Consider what you need to protect you and your family, for example hand sanitiser and wipes. Please dispose of any wipes responsibly. If you find that equipment is damaged or broken, report it to us by emailing email@example.com or call 0300 333 6540
- We are continuing to provide a full landscaping services such as grass and hedge cutting and tree maintenance in addition to environmental maintenance.
For information from the NHS about the coronavirus, please go to www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
(Last updated 2 December 2021)