Some of our services are being delivered in a different way to reflect government advice on limiting the spread of Covid and to keep you and our staff as safe as possible.
Customer service and our offices
- We are asking you to consider the following before calling us to help support our customer services team at this busy time; Can you make a payment, report a routine repair or contact us on our website instead. We are not taking any cash payments or accepting cheques at our office.
- Our Cherry Tree House office in Lightmoor remains partially reopen on Mondays 9.30am-1pm and Wednesdays 1pm-4.30pm. If you need to see us outside of these hours, please go to the reception at Bournville House (adjacent to the office), where a member of the team will be able to assist you. Please also only visit us for essential appointments only. If you want to meet with a specific member of staff, please call us on 0300 333 6540 or email email@example.com to arrange this in advance.
- We are holding some non-essential meetings and visits in a different way. For example, we may call you instead of visiting you at home.
Repairs and maintenance
- Our repairs operatives will always wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the repair that they are carrying out to keep you and them as safe as possible.
- We are asking you to tell us if you are self-isolating or exhibiting symptoms of coronavirus when you book a repair with us. Before we visit your home to carry out a repair, an operative will also call you to ask these questions.
- If you are self-isolating we may still be able to attend, but we will ask you or anyone else in your home to keep away from the room or area we are working in (at least 2 meters) whilst the repair is being carried out.
Housing and community services
- We are continuing to carry out new lettings. Please go to our Applying for a Rented Home page for details of how to rent a home with us.
- Our museum, Selly Manor Museum, and our community spaces in Birmingham and Telford are open. All events planned at these venues will go ahead. Please follow the Covid-secure guidance in place at each venue.
- Our parks, open spaces and playgrounds / areas in Birmingham and Telford are open. There’s a full list of the ones we manage on the Parks and Open Spaces page. If you plan to use any of our parks and open spaces or playgrounds / areas, please: Observe social distancing. If the facilities are particularly busy, consider coming back and using them at a quieter time. Consider what you need to protect you and your family, for example hand sanitiser and wipes. Please dispose of any wipes responsibly. If you find that equipment is damaged or broken, report it to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0300 333 6540
- We are continuing to provide a full landscaping services such as grass and hedge cutting and tree maintenance in addition to environmental maintenance.
For government information and guidance about coronavirus, please go to https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
(Last updated 31 January 2022)