Following the government’s announcement on 4th January 2021 of a third national lockdown for England, we want to assure our customers that we are continuing to provide services. Some of these services are being delivered in a different way to reflect government advice and to keep our staff and you as safe as possible.
Following the continuing rise in Covid cases in our areas, we have temporarily paused routine repairs to minimise non-essential contact and keep you and our staff as safe as we can. To understand more about the changes to our repairs service, please go to our Repairs Service and Coronavirus page.
Customer service and our offices
Repairs and maintenance
- We have made some changes to our repairs service following the continuing rise in Covid cases in our areas. We have temporarily paused routine repairs to minimise non-essential contact and keep you and our staff as safe as we can.
- To understand more about the changes to our repairs service, please go to our Repairs Service and Coronavirus page.
- Our repairs operatives will always wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the repair that they are carrying out to keep you and them as safe as possible.
- We are asking you to tell us if you are self-isolating or exhibiting symptoms of coronavirus when you book a repair with us. Before we visit your home to carry out a repair, an operative will also call you to ask these questions.
- If you are self-isolating we may still be able to attend, but we will ask you or anyone else in your home to keep away from the room or area we are working in (at least 2 meters) whilst the repair is being carried out.
Housing and community services
- We have made some changes to how we can respond to reports of anti-social behaviour. You can find more information on what this means on our Anti-Social Behaviour and Coronavirus page and answers to FAQs on our FAQs about Anti-Social Behaviour and Coronavirus page.
- We have resumed new lettings. Please go to our Applying for a Rented Home page for details of how to rent a home from us.
- Our museum, Selly Manor Museum is currently closed and hopes to re-open as soon as possible. The Oak Tree Community Centre in Lightmoor, Telford, remains closed.
- We have launched a Well Winter campaign which aims to ensure no-one goes without enough food, warmth or essential items in our communities this winter. To find out more about the support available from us and our partners, you can go to our Well Winter page.
- Our parks, open spaces and playgrounds / areas in Birmingham and Shropshire remain open. There’s a full list of the ones we manage on the Parks and Open Spaces page. If you plan to use any of our parks and open spaces or playgrounds / areas, please: Observe social distancing. If the facilities are particularly busy, consider coming back and using them at a quieter time. Consider what you need to protect you and your family, for example hand sanitiser and wipes. Please dispose of any wipes responsibly. If you find that equipment is damaged or broken, report it to us by emailing email@example.com or call 0300 333 6540
- We are continuing to provide a full landscaping services such as grass and hedge cutting and tree maintenance in addition to environmental maintenance.
- We are continuing to process applications for alterations to homes remotely to ensure we are following the government’s guidance on social distancing and protecting you and our staff. If your application requires a site visit that involves entering the inside of your property, there will be a delay in processing it until we are able to resume our usual service.
- Our nursing home (Sellywood House) is welcoming residents’ families again after pausing all but absolute essential visits due to Covid. Arrangements are in place to make visits as safe as possible, including protective visitor pods.
As you will appreciate the situation is changing regularly and we will update this page as quickly as possible. For information from the NHS about the coronavirus, please go to www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
(Last updated 14 January 2021)
Categorised in: News, News & Events