Following the government’s announcement on 4th January 2021 of a third national lockdown for England, we want to assure our customers that we are continuing to provide services. Some of these services are being delivered in a different way to reflect government advice and to keep you and our staff as safe as possible.
Customer service and our offices
- We are asking you to consider the following before calling us to help support our customer services team; Can you make a payment, report a routine repair or contact us on our website instead?
- Our offices (350 Bournville Lane and Cherry Tree House) and Five Gates depot remain closed to external visitors to protect you, our staff and to follow the government’s advice on social distancing. If you need to make payment, report a routine repair , apply to make an alteration to your home or check you rent statement, you can do this all on our website.
- We are holding some meetings in a different way. For example, we may call you instead of visiting you at home.
Repairs and maintenance
- Our routine repairs service has re-started again after it was temporarily paused in January in response to rising rates of Covid infections in the areas that we work.
- We are currently working through a backlog of around 1,200 routine repairs, so please bear with us whilst we do this.
- To understand more about the changes to our repairs service, please go to our Repairs Service and Coronavirus page.
- Our repairs operatives will always wear the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for the repair that they are carrying out to keep you and them as safe as possible.
- We are asking you to tell us if you are self-isolating or exhibiting symptoms of coronavirus when you book a repair with us. Before we visit your home to carry out a repair, an operative will also call you to ask these questions.
- If you are self-isolating we may still be able to attend, but we will ask you or anyone else in your home to keep away from the room or area we are working in (at least 2 meters) whilst the repair is being carried out.
Housing and community services
- We have made some changes to how we can respond to reports of anti-social behaviour. You can find more information on what this means on our Anti-Social Behaviour and Coronavirus page and answers to FAQs on our FAQs about Anti-Social Behaviour and Coronavirus page.
- We have resumed new lettings. Please go to our Applying for a Rented Home page for details of how to rent a home from us.
- Our museum, Selly Manor Museum is currently closed and hopes to re-open as soon as possible. The Oak Tree Community Centre in Lightmoor, Telford, remains closed.
- Our parks, open spaces and playgrounds / areas in Birmingham and Shropshire remain open. There’s a full list of the ones we manage on the Parks and Open Spaces page. If you plan to use any of our parks and open spaces or playgrounds / areas, please: Observe social distancing. If the facilities are particularly busy, consider coming back and using them at a quieter time. Consider what you need to protect you and your family, for example hand sanitiser and wipes. Please dispose of any wipes responsibly. If you find that equipment is damaged or broken, report it to us by emailing email@example.com or call 0300 333 6540
- We are continuing to provide a full landscaping services such as grass and hedge cutting and tree maintenance in addition to environmental maintenance.
- We are continuing to process applications for alterations to homes remotely to ensure we are following the government’s guidance on social distancing and protecting you and our staff. If your application requires a site visit that involves entering the inside of your property, there will be a delay in processing it until we are able to resume our usual service.
- Our nursing home (Sellywood House) is closed to absolute all but essential visitors due to Covid.
As you will appreciate the situation is changing regularly and we will update this page as quickly as possible. For information from the NHS about the coronavirus, please go to www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
(Last updated 13 April 2021)