Selly Wood House is a nursing home which provides quality care for people aged over 65 who need nursing or personal care, including people with mid to moderate dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
Made up of 44 individual bedrooms for your exclusive use, it is set in the heart of Bournville close to Valley Parkway and Bournville Village Green.
Registered and inspected by the Care Quality Commission, Selly Wood House has over 40 years’ experience in caring and nursing older people.
We pride ourselves in providing person-centred care which encourages residents to make their own decisions about their health and wellbeing.
We accept a range of funding options. Some residents pay for their own care, some receive funding through the local authority and others are funded through the health authority. Regardless of how your care is funded, we do require all residents to have a guarantor.
Our standard weekly fee is £883.88. This fee may differ depending on your individual care needs, as assessed by a health professional or social worker.
The services included in our standard fee, are:
- Full board and accommodation. We can provide furniture if you wish or you can bring your own, provided it complies with fire and health & safety regulations.
- A choice of meals, snacks and drinks. We also cater for special dietary requirements as requested.
- Full use of communal areas
- The opportunity to join in with activities that we organise
- Help with washing, bathing, medication and other personal services
- Provision of appropriate levels of staff 24 hours a day
- A laundry service (excluding dry cleaning)
- Liaison with your GP, social worker, district nurse, dentist, chiropodist and other health professionals. Any charges made for their services are not included in our fee.
We also offer a range of additional services which incur additional costs to our standard fee. These include:
- Newspapers, magazines or journals
- Attending external appointments.
For further information, including our full terms and conditions, and to arrange a viewing, please contact Selly Wood House direct by calling 0121 472 3721 or email SWHadmin@bvt.org.uk