We will be carrying out a full review of the Bournville Estate Design Guide, with a view to launching the revised document by summer 2021.
We initially advised that we would be launching the revised Design Guide in April 2021. We had such a fantastic response to the first consultation that we decided we needed more time to make sure we considered all aspects of the feedback in detail.
We also wanted to work closely with our partners in Birmingham City Council’s Planning Department. As a result, the launch of the new Design Guide has been moved to June 2021. A revised timetable is below.
Here are some of the key dates that you will need to know.
- August 2020: First round of consultation with our communities.
- October 2020: Complete the review of consultation and first draft of the new Design Guide.
- November 2020: Review results of consultations and the new draft of the Design Guide with focus groups.
- December 2020: Review the new draft of the Design Guide with Birmingham City Council’s Planning Department.
- February 2021: Final round of consultation with our communities on the draft proposals of the new Design Guide.
- April 2021: Make final amendments to the draft new Design Guide following consultation and follow final approval process.
- May 2021: Launch new Design Guide.
- June 2021: The new Design Guide will go live.
For details of how to take part in the final round of consultation, please go to our Take Part in the Final Consultation Questionnaire page.