We are looking to get residents actively involved in our timber window and door replacement programme and have appointed Ifor Jones from Neighbourhood Works Ltd as an independent resident advisor.
Ifor will work with residents over the first year of the replacement programme and help set up a Residents’ Panel, which will work with our staff and the contractors we have appointed to carry out the programme to ensure works are done to the required standards and meet your, and your neighbours’, expectations.
How will the Residents’ Panel work?
- An opportunity to shape how the programme is delivered.
- Made up of a core membership of interested residents.
- Meetings held every two months.
- Resident street reps recruited for when works are taking place in your street.
- Independent resident advisor, Ifor, will carry out fortnightly walkabouts.
- Will include ‘meet the contractor’ sessions.
- Engage with wider BVT services such as home energy / welfare advice, repairs, housing and community services.
- Link to other BVT involvement groups and panels.
Thank you to everyone who has registered their interest in joining the Residents’ Panel. If you live in the Bournville conservation area, you will have received a letter all about the Panel with details of how to get involved. We will publish more information on the next stages of establishing the Panel shortly.
To understand more about the window replacement programme in the conservation area, including details of when windows will be replaced in your street and helpful FAQs, please go to our Window Replacements Programme page.