We are dedicated to making sure our parks and open spaces are welcoming, accessible to the community, environmentally-friendly and biodiverse.
To do this our grounds maintenance team works hard to maintain and protect the environment that our communities use.
Their efforts have been recognised by Keep Britain Tidy, which has previously awarded Bournville’s Village Green Green Flag status.
Services that grounds maintenance team provide include:
- Grass cutting
- Hedge trimming
- Shrub bed pruning and maintenance
- Weed spraying
- Tree work
- Emptying litter bins and litter picking
- Leaf clearing.
This service is funded through a charge that you pay and is part of our estate stewardship services.
To understand what other services are included within our estate stewardship, please visit our Home Owners page.
The parks and open spaces that we manage include:
- Shenley Green park (Green Meadow Road, Shenley, B29 4EG)
- Bournville Village Green (Sycamore Road, Bournville, B30 2AA)
- Rowheath parkway (Heath Road, Bournville, B30 1BX)
- Woodlands Park football pitch (Woodlands Park Road, Bournville, B30 1RY)
- Weoley parkway (includes 3 parks situated between Fox Hill, B29 4BG and Weoley Hill B29 4BN)
- The Y park (Green Meadow Road, Shenley, B29 4DS)
- Shenley Green open space (includes the MUGA and playground, Hawkestone Road, B29 4DY)
- Open spaces in Spiceland Road (Paxford Way, B29 4HH) and Garland Way (Jervoise Drive, B31 2XU)
Birmingham City Council manage the Valley Parkway, Bournville Park and the playground at Woodlands Park.
All the parks and play areas in Lightmoor Village within our ownership, which include:
- Woodlands Park
- Croppings Park
- Holywell Meadow
- Myford Meadow
- Stocking Park Play Area
- The Paddocks Play Area
- Stoney Hill Park
- Numerous areas of open space and woodland.
In Lawley, the play areas are generally the responsibility of Telford and Wrekin Council and the open space areas remain with the developers until they are handed over to us or the Council.