Salary £19,916 - £21,667 - full time - fixed term 12 months
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as a Heritage Officer.
We are recruiting for a new Bournville Heritage Officer to join our Selly Manor Museum and heritage services team. As Bournville Heritage Officer you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- Development and delivery of events and projects promoting the heritage of Bournville, both on and off site
- Promoting public understanding of the Quaker ethos of Bournville
- Assisting with the development of the museum and heritage volunteer programme
- Alongside our team, you will help to create and deliver a varied museum and heritage events programme
- Delivery of education sessions to children and adults
- Site management
- Front of house duties
- Administrative and day to day financial duties
- Creating digital content
- Supervision of volunteers
- Assisting with civil ceremonies and functions
- Regular evening and weekend work
- Flexible working pattern
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As Bournville Heritage Officer you will bring the following key skills to the role:
- Excellent in communicating with a variety of people and groups
- Ability to function within a small team
- Experience of working with external community organisations on project delivery
- Administration experience
- Practical experience of event planning and delivery in a heritage setting
- Practical experience of working with children in a formal education setting
- Knowledge of the heritage of Bournville
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Working knowledge of MS Office software
- Ability to prioritise and plan workload
- Planning and processing online and physical event bookings
- Ability to think creatively
- Commitment to developing the education service and events programme
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
For more details about this role please view the documents to the right of this page and to apply click on the “apply for this role” button.
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 8th November 2021
Interviews: Friday 19th November 2021
Strictly no CV’s , no agencies