Salary £43,596 - £47,275 - full time - permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as BVT’s Building Safety Manager
Job Profile: Building Safety Manager
We are recruiting for a new of Building Safety Manager to join our Assets Planning & Commissioning Team. As the directorate lead the Building Safety Manager will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- Leading and managing a specialist compliance team to effectively coordinate the strategy and delivery of building safety compliance to BVT’s varied and historic building portfolios.
- You will support and advise the Director of Assets in maintaining BVT’s medium and long term compliance investment programmes over the next 5,10 and 30 years.
- Providing specialist performance data and analysis to ensure value for money and the delivery of the highest quality services to BVT’s customers
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As the Building Safety Manager you will bring the following experience and skills to the role:
- Demonstrable knowledge of building safety, fire legislation and customer focused consultations
- Excellent knowledge of the compliance functions and working in a compliance related role with a housing or private sector provider.
- Extensive project management experience in managing a multi discipline team and varied building portfolios.
- Strong financial acumen with a proven ability to set and manage budgets.
- Specialist knowledge of legislation associated with Gas, Water Hygiene, Electrical Inspection, Fire Risk Assessments, Means of Escape.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
For more details about this role please view the documents to the right of this page and to apply click on the “apply for this role” button.
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 15th November 2021
Interviews: W/C Monday 22nd November 2021
Strictly no CV’s , no agencies