£8.91 per hour - 36 hours per week - fixed term maternity cover (9 months)
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as Carer.
We are recruiting for a new care assistant to join our care home service – Sellywood House. As a carer you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
To provide all aspects of personal care to residents in line with their individual needs and enhancing their own abilities.
- To build and maintain good relationships with residents and their relatives, providing holistic support for residents with their emotional and spiritual needs including undertaking a Key Worker role to assigned residents
- To assist with the monitoring of basic Health and Safety within the home, which includes any areas that may be delegated to the post holder and to be alert to hazards for self, other staff and residents.
- To undertake domestic, and catering and laundry duties as required, recognising the importance of these functions to the well-being of the residents.
- To play a full and active role in the staff team within Selly Wood House, and maintain good communication. e.g. by attending staff meetings.
- To pay careful attention to customer (resident/visitor/relatives) requirements and to deal promptly with customer complaints.
- To participate in supervision and training.
- To fully comply with all procedures outlined in Staff Handbook and the home’s procedure manual.
- To ensure care records, including electronic records, are kept fully up to date.
- To assist in identifying and implementing a wide range of activities which meet the specific needs and interests of residents.
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are. Some experience of caring for older adults is desirable but not essential.
As a carer you will bring the following key skills to the role:
- To be able to provide support to residents within the Trust’s philosophy of person centred care, under the supervision of a senior carer.
- The ability to build good relationships with the residents and show a caring attitude towards them, ensuring the emotional, physical, spiritual and cultural needs or residents are met.
- To undertake a key worker role with designated residents.
- To build good relationships with all members of the care team.
- To take part in the domestic, catering and laundry duties of the nursing home, as required
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
For more details about this role please view the documents to the right of this page and to apply click on the “apply for this role” button.
Closing date: Monday 07 June 2021 09:00
Interview dates: 9, 10 or 11 June 2021
Strictly no agencies.