Salary £25,984 - £28,283 - full time - permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as a Community Development Worker.
We are recruiting for a Community Development Worker to join our Community Development Team. You will play an integral part in helping us to achieve our mission of ‘creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.’
This role will involve working with both internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of the Trust’s Community Development activity. People matter at BVT so we are looking for a confident professional who can foster collaboration, inclusion across our work and place our residents and communities at the heart all we do.
The role involves:
- Planning and delivering a range of community development projects and events.
- Gathering and using data for planning, delivery, monitoring and reporting purposes.
- Developing effective working relationships with external organisations and service providers.
- Enabling residents and local communities to be involved in decisions affecting their homes and communities.
- Using innovation and creativity to ensure communication is inclusive and effective.
- Confidently representing the Trust and Community Development Team at meetings and events.
- Undertaking and updating risk assessments relating to work areas and responsibilities.
Successful 21st-century community development practice requires people that have ability, vision, commitment and reflective skill and capacity for learning. We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As a Community Development Worker you will bring the following key skills to the role:
- Good planning, administrative and organisational skills.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Information analysis and report writing skills.
- Problem Solving.
- Build effective relationships and communication with diverse people and groups.
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
We encourage potential candidates to get in touch to find out more about this role. To set up an informal conversation please email Cheryl Garvey (Head of Community Development) with your contact details including a number you can be contacted on: CherylGarvey@bvt.org.uk
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
For more details about this role please view the documents to the right of this page and to apply click on the “apply for this role” button.
Closing date: 09:00 Tuesday 5th October 2021
1st Stage Interview: Thursday 14th October (In-person)
2nd Stage Interview: Monday 18th October (Online)
Strictly no CV’s, no agencies.