VACANCY: Customer Service Advisor
Salary: £23,936.87 Permanent
Location: 350 Bournville Lane, Bournville, Birmingham, B30 1QY
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as a Customer Service Advisor.
We are recruiting for 1 Customer Service Advisor to join our Customer Services Team on permanent contract, 37 hours per week. As a Customer Service Advisor you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- To deliver excellent customer service to all customers contacting the Trust via telephone and email.
- To provide advice and assistance and wherever possible resolve customer enquiries at the first point of contact
Ensure that accurate and full advice is given to customers at all times
- Respond to queries promptly, within target timescales, focusing on the quality of response
- To take ownership of queries and early stage complaints and seek the answer to enable immediate or follow up response to the customer
- Where it is necessary for a query to be directed to another colleague, to ensure that this is done efficiently and appropriately
- Ensure that customer queries are recorded accurately using the Trusts customer contact software (Aareon QL)
- Ensure that queries are recorded in line with data protection law and best practice
- To provide any administrative assistance as required, to support the function of the team and the delivery of a high standard service to all customers
- To provide adhoc or routine administrative support to wider BVT
- To identify areas for improvement and feedback to the Trust to help consistently improve the standard of customer service
- Be an ambassador for the Trust in all dealings with the public and external bodies
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As Customer Services Advisor you will bring the following key skills to the role:
- A high standard of general education in English and mathematics.
- High standard of IT skills including e-mail, internet, Microsoft suite etc. Experience of Aareon QL would be highly advantageous
- Experience in dealing with the public in a service related role. Experience of working in and a customer service qualification would be highly advantageous
- Experience in telephony based Contact Centre/Customer Service Centre
- Customer focused attitude and approach
- Experience of dealing with and managing effectively a wide range of customer centred situations
- Excellent written and communication skills
- An awareness and understanding of Health and Safety both personal and general
- Share BVT’s values
- Excellent planning and organisation skills, prioritising workloads
- Flexible approach to working hours
For more information on how to apply, please go to: https://www.bvt.org.uk/
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our corporate-plan-summary-2023-32 https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2023-32/
Closing date: 4th March 2024
Interview dates: TBC
Strictly no agencies.