Salary £30,460 - £34,811 - full time (39 hours) - permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as an electrician.
We are recruiting for new electricians to join our Propertycare team, to safely deliver electrical maintenance related works. You will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
- Safe delivery of a varied array of electrical related maintenance works
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To consider the Trusts approach to Value for Money
- To show dignity and respect to customers and tenant’s
- To carry out all work to a high level of customer satisfaction
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As an electrician you will bring the following key skills to the role:
Candidate profile essential:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering electrical testing, remedial & maintenance works
- Excellent understanding of best practice in relation to delivering high quality repairs
- Fully qualified to 18th Edition
- 2391 Test & Inspection (or equivalent)
- Electrical Certification
- Ability to use a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA)
- A company van and power tools will be provided for business use only therefore a full and current driving licence is essential
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
We offer excellent employment conditions and benefits including occupational pension scheme, employee discount scheme and healthcare cash plan.
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
For more details about this role please view the documents to the right of this page and to apply click on the “apply for this role” button.
NO CV’s – No Agencies
CLOSING DATE: 09:00 Monday 19th July 2021
We are committed to achieving equality and fairness in serving our diverse communities.