Salary £25,984 - £28,283 - full time (will consider job share) - fixed term to August 2023
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as an Energy Advisor.
We are recruiting for a new Energy Advisor to join our Housing and Customer Services Team in Birmingham. As an Energy Advisor you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- To liaise with Housing and other staff to identify families who may need support in the area of energy advice and fuel debt.
- Support energy efficiency advice, water and utility bill reduction activities among residents
- Undertake outreach and engagement with residents, particularly those in or at risk of falling into fuel poverty both on an individual basis through home visits and in group settings such as workshops and presentations
- Provide support, information and advice to individual residents to enable them to:
- Use their heating system and controls efficiently
- Select the most economical and appropriate fuel tariffs
- Access energy and utility benefits
- Clear energy debts
- Reduce energy use through behavioural advice and installation of basic energy efficiency measures
- Guidance on low cost measures to reduce Energy usage
- Manage a caseload of residents and work closely to provide support which is both appropriate and tailored to individual needs, both one to one and group work
- Maintaining information by inputting clear notes into the computer system including telephone conversations, face to face meetings and home visits relating to Energy advice and support with customers.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and regulation that affect Energy advice. Assist with the development and implementation of campaigns to publicise Energy advice and wider Fuel poverty strategies.
- Contribute to the Trust’s understanding of fuel poverty, energy advice and communication by providing statistics, undertaking research, writing reports, making presentations and attending meetings as required
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As an Energy Advisor you will bring the following key skills to the role:
- Excellent standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Good standard of IT skills including e-mail, internet, Microsoft suite.
- Demonstrable experience of dealing with the public in a service related role.
- A customer focussed attitude and approach.
- Excellent and polite telephone manner.
- Ability to respond positively to challenging situations.
- Adaptable to changing priorities when the situation demands.
- Proven team working skills.
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
For more details about this role please view the documents to the right of this page and to apply click on the “apply for this role” button.
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 8th November 2021
Interviews: W/C Monday 22nd November 2021
Strictly no CV’s , no agencies