Salary £19,813 - £20,766 - full time (39 hours) - permanent - 2 vacancies Birmingham & 1 vacancy Telford
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as a Grounds Maintenance operative.
We are recruiting for a new operative to join our Grounds Maintenance team to safely deliver grounds maintenance related works. You will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
- The safe delivery of a varied array of grounds maintenance works to a high quality and high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To consider the Trusts approach to Value for Money
- To show dignity and respect to customers and tenant’
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are. As a grounds maintenance operative you will bring the following key skills to the role:
Candidate profile essential:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering grounds maintenance works
- Experience of on-site Health and Safety
- Ability to use a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA)
- A company van and tools will be provided for business use only therefore a full and current driving licence is essential
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
For more details about this role please view the documents to the right of this page and to apply click on the “apply for this role” button.
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 2nd August 2021
Interview dates: W/C 9th & 16th August 2021