Salary £27,153 to £29,490 - full time (37 hours) - permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as supervisor for the Grounds Maintenance team.
We are recruiting for a new supervisor to join our Grounds Maintenance team to safely deliver grounds maintenance and tree related works. You will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
- Supervise the safe delivery of a varied array of grounds and tree related maintenance works to a high quality and high level of customer satisfaction
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To consider the Trusts approach to Value for Money
- To show dignity and respect to customers and tenant’s
- Line manage individual and team performance and wellbeing
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are. As a supervisor you will bring the following key skills to the role:
Candidate profile essential:
- Demonstrable experience in delivering grounds & tree related maintenance works
- Excellent understanding of best practice in relation to delivering high quality works
- Demonstrable experience in delivering high levels of on-site Health and Safety
- Demonstrable experience in managing individuals and teams
- Ability to use a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA)
- A company van and tools will be provided for business use only therefore a full and current driving licence is essential
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
For more details about this role please view the documents to the right of this page and to apply click on the “apply for this role” button.
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 2nd August 2021
Interview dates: W/C 9th August 2021