Salary £30,460 - £34,812 full time - permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us a kitchen fitter.
We are recruiting for a multi skilled operative to join our Maintenance team, to safely deliver responsive repairs to our properties. You will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
- Safe delivery of varied array of carpentry and plumbing based responsive repairs
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Delivering an exceptional level of customer service
- To embrace a ‘Right First Time’ culture
- To consider the Trusts approach to Value for Money
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As a multi skilled operative you will bring the following key skills to the role:
Candidate profile essential:
- NVQ level 2 in carpentry
- NVQ level 1 in plumbing or demonstrable experience
- Previous experience as a multi trade operative
- Ability to use a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA)
- Able to measure, quantify and specify works
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellent customer care.
- Motivated in your approach to work
- Full driving licence is essential
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 06 December 2021
Interview dates: W/C Monday 13 December 2021
Strictly no agencies.