Salary up to £17.87 per hour depending on experience
Come and join our family!
Selly Wood House is a 44 bedded home based in the heart of beautiful Bournville. A family orientated home providing nursing care for frail elderly people.
We are looking for excellent nurses who are passionate about elderly care and want to make a difference! We value our team and provide on the job support and training as well as clinical and mandatory training. Make a difference to your life by caring for someone else’s.
We have a variety of vacancies both night and day shifts. The roles will be hard work, even challenging at times, but most of all extremely rewarding. The successful candidates will:
- Be registered with NMC
- Able to work on their own and in a team within a nursing home environment for older people
- Assist, direct and support staff and deal with emergencies as they arise
- Monitor progress of residents and administer, order and manage medicines
- Write care plans and carry out risk assessments
- Organise & direct work for care staff
- Liaise with Doctors, social workers, CQC and other agencies
- Ensure adherence to policies
- Subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS
In return we offer excellent employment conditions and benefits including:
- Free ongoing training & development
- Free uniform
- Occupational pension scheme
- Employee discount scheme and healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted bus pass
Key worker accommodation
Successful applicants can be considered for housing and/or relocation assistance if required with Bournville Village Trust as part of its key worker accommodation policy.
For more details about this role please view the documents to the right of this page and to apply click on the “apply for this role” button.
Or, alternatively call for an informal chat or to arrange a visit to our home telephone 0121 472 3721 and ask to speak to a member of the admin team. Please give us a call, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please ensure that you have read through all of the additional information on the right of this screen prior to completing the application form and person specification form. Do not attach any documents other than your completed person specification form as your application will not be considered.
NO CV’s – No Agencies
We are committed to achieving equality and fairness in serving our diverse communities.