Part Time Post (22 hours per week)
VACANCY: Museum Assistant
Salary: £17,397.88 (pro rata)
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Location: Selly Manor Museum
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as a Museum Assistant.
We are recruiting for a new Museum Assistant to join our Selly Manor Museum team. As Seasonal Museum Assistant you will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- Site management
- Administrative duties
- Assisting with bookings
- Front of house duties
- Creating digital content
- Delivering education sessions and tours
- Collections care
- Assisting with the events programme
- Assisting with civil ceremonies and functions
- Regular evening and weekend work
- Flexible working pattern
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As Seasonal Museum Assistant you will bring the following key skills to the role:
- Dealing with the public in face-to-face situations
- Administration experience
- Demonstrable practical experience of event planning or delivery
- Working with children in a formal setting
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Working knowledge of MS Office software
- Ability to prioritise and plan workload
- Ability to think creatively
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent in communicating with a variety of people and groups
- Ability to function within a small team
- Friendly and approachable
- Prepared to be flexible and reliable in role to help deliver heritage service
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29
Closing date: Friday 2nd September 2022
Interview dates: Monday 19th September 2022
Strictly no agencies.