Salary £40,035 - £43,482 - full time - permanent
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us as BVT’s Surveyor Project Manager
Job Profile: Surveyor Project Manager
We are recruiting for a new of Surveyor Project Manager to join our Assets Planning & Commissioning Team. As the directorate lead the Surveyor Project Manager will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- Delivering building surveying and project management functions within BVT’s Planning & Commissioning team
- Promoting a culture which places customers first and aims to deliver a high standard of service.
- Undertaking stock condition surveys and options appraisals, throughout BVT’s and other managed property portfolios.
- Directly managing the delivery of capital projects and component renewal programmes.
- To manage, control and forecast programme budgets and expenditure.
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As the Surveyor Project Manager you will bring the following experience and skills to the role:
Substantial and extensive experience in Asset Management or acting as a maintenance professional.
- Proven relevant experience within a technical building services environment.
- Proven pre and post contract administration.
- Thorough and detailed knowledge of health and safety law in relation to capital delivery projects. and to landlord’s obligations and requirements.
- The control development, management and delivery of projects to programme budget and within time
- Excellent IT skills and ability to use a range of software including Asset Management Database.
- Able to produce and present both discursive and also technical and financial reports to all levels within the organisation.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships across all levels of the organisation and with external customers and suppliers.
- Understanding of planning and listed buildings.
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29 at https://www.bvt.org.uk/publications/corporate-plan-summary-2020-29/
Closing date: 09:00 Monday 20 December 2021
Interview dates: W/C Monday 10 January 2022
Strictly no agencies/no CV’s.