Vacancy: Trade Operative – Multi Skilled
Salary: £31,453 to £35,925
Location: Across Bournville Portfolio (Birmingham & Telford)
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive isn’t a pipedream, at Bournville Village Trust (BVT) it is our mission.
At BVT, we look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are adaptable in an ever-changing environment and just as passionate about achieving our mission as we are.
Our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation guide everything that we do and we aspire to have a diverse and inclusive organisation.
Career opportunities at BVT are designed to be agile and centred on personal and professional development, whilst creating an environment where wellbeing and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you find our values as inspiring as we do and would like to play your part in achieving our mission, we now have an opportunity to join us.
We are recruiting for multi-skilled operatives to join our Maintenance Service team to safely deliver maintenance related works in occupied and unoccupied properties. You will play an integral part in achieving our mission of creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive.
The role will involve:
- The safe delivery of a varied array of carpentry and plumbing based responsive repair works or carpentry, plumbing, tiling, plaster and decoration works in empty properties;
- Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974;
- Achieving high level of customer satisfaction.
We look for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds who are just as passionate about our values of partnership, fairness, quality, integrity and innovation as we are.
As a multi-skilled operative you will bring the following key skills to the role:
- NVQ level 2 in carpentry;
- NVQ level 1 in plumbing or demonstrable experience;
- Demonstrable experience in tiling, plaster and decoration works;
- Thorough understanding of health and safety
- Ability to use a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA);
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Commitment to excellent customer care;
- Full driving licence.
If you are interested in becoming a multi-skilled operative at Bournville Village Trust then please register your interest either by phone on 07747561734 email AlanConsidine@bvt.org.uk or simply turn up on the 11th August 2022 and come and talk to us. We look forward to meeting you.
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29.
Open Day @ 71a Willow Road Bournville Birmingham B30 2AT: 11th August 2022
Strictly no agencies.