VACANCY: Trainee Compliance Officer
Starting Salary: £17,111 to £23,743 depending on experience with a 4-year Development Plan and salary progression from £27,000 to £38,000
Creating and sustaining communities where people can thrive is our mission and is based on the principles and legacy of our founder, George Cadbury. We are inspired by his legacy, but not afraid to be bold and innovative to meet the needs of people today and in the future.
We provide a diverse and comprehensive range of services to communities in Birmingham and Telford. We own and manage some 4,000 properties, and have significant estate management, commercial and agricultural portfolios. As a community-based organisation we work in partnership with all our stakeholders to support the achievement of our mission.
Over recent years we have been going through significant transformational change to build our organisational strength and embed our values. We are looking for talented people from a wide range of backgrounds, who are adaptable in an ever changing and exciting environment to join us
We aspire to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. To help achieve this, we offer job opportunities that are agile and centred on personal and professional development in an environment where well-being and work-life balance is a key part of our culture.
If you can relate to our mission and values and think you meet our job and candidate profile, then we would welcome your application.
At BVT we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package to assist and support employees with everyday healthcare costs, savings towards leisure activities and planning for retirement.
- Basic 29 days holiday + 3 extra days and statutory bank holidays.
- Flexible Working.
- A competitive employer contributed pension scheme of 10%
- Healthcare scheme which is free to all employees offering cashback towards optical, dental, therapy treatments, consultations and scans together with counselling sessions and a 24 hour helpline.
- Savings on leisure activities with Trust Treats, offering discounted products and services both online and on the high street. You can make savings on your everyday shopping, holidays and insurance.
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave.
- Extensive support towards learning and development ensuring that all staff are offered opportunities to develop their skills and careers.
- Life assurance 4x annual salary.
This new post offers the opportunity of a defined career path over 4 years to enable you to reach your full potential in an exciting fast past industry within a specialist team focused on excellence in building safety. If you are looking to gain experience in a broad spectrum of building compliance then this is the role for you. You will be joining our Assets Planning & Commissioning Team. As a Trainee you will be supported by experienced compliance officers and managers to understand and deliver the complex range of activities the role requires by a balanced mix of formal and practical training.
This exciting role will involve:
- Supporting the compliance team working closely with customers, colleagues and stakeholders to ensure BVT is complying with a wide range of legislative requirements regarding Building Safety.
- Working with Compliance Officers to support the onsite delivery of planned and cyclical compliance based building safety investment programmes.
- Updating key systems with building compliance property and component data to track and plan cyclical compliance programmes.
- Supporting site Inspections and audits to identify future building compliance needs
- Assisting in the preparation of performance data and proactive compliance analysis to ensure value for money and the delivery of the highest quality services to BVT’s customers
You will be values driven and focused on delivering great services. As the Trainee Building Compliance Officer you will bring the following experience and skills to the role:
- A basic understanding of building safety.
- Experience of working in a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Presentation skills
- Analytical and Problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and written skills.
Closing date: 26th August 2022
Strictly no agencies.
To understand more about our work, including our aims of place-shaping, community building, championing people and providing great homes, you can read our Corporate Plan 2020-29.