To protect you as a BVT customer and our staff, we are making changes to how we can respond to reports of anti-social behaviour (ASB).
Thank you to the vast majority who continue to behalf in a considerate and respectful way. If you have any concerns about noise nuisance or ASB, you can use our Anti-Social Behaviour Advice Tool.
With more of us spending time at home, we are receiving an increasing number of reports of noise nuisance.
It’s important to consider that at the moment, being a little more patience with our neighbours can be helpful. We understand it’s a difficult time for everyone but it’s important to know that not all noise is ASB and it can be day-to-day sounds we’re just not used to.
We encourage people to understand that playing loud music continually can impact on your neighbours who may be elderly, vulnerable, or just trying to work from home to follow government guidelines. If a neighbour is causing a persistent nuisance, then this may be ASB and we want to let you know how we may be able to support you.
How we can support you
If you have used the Anti-Social Behaviour Advice Tool, but still feel you need to report a matter to us, we will:
• Look at your issue and make sure we have all the information we need
• We may contact you by phone, email or video call (where possible) to get more details
• We will let you know how we can support you and if there are any agencies which may be better placed to help you
• We won’t be able to visit you, but if you are under immediate threat of violence you should report the matter to the police immediately
• We will try to contact the person you believe is causing the issue by phone, email or video call (where possible)
• Where the ASB is of a level that enforcement action is needed to protect you or members of your household, we will work in partnership with agencies to identify the most appropriate action.
Please take a look at the FAQs about Anti-Social Behaviour and Coronavirus page if you need more information about our service during this time.