Our websites

Equipment and adaptations can help you to maintain your independence and live more comfortably in your home.

Local authorities carry out assessments to see what level of support you need and the type of equipment that can help you, so contacting your local council is the first step you should take.

If you need equipment, like grab rails, your local authority will normally provide these.

If you need an adaptation, like a walk in shower or stair lift and have a high level of need, they may also fund this.

Where your level of need isn’t high, the local authority will not usually undertake the work. In such cases we will be happy to explore the options available to you, which may include approaching grant-making organisations or support with a move to more suitable accommodation.

We are not able to fund adaptations, but can give advice on what may be possible if you wish to fund work yourself.

For further advice and information, please email our Customer Services team at enquiries@bvt.org.uk

Tags: , , , , ,

Categorised in:

More information:

0300 333 6540

Email >>

Share this article: