Each year we carry out a safety check on the gas appliances in your rented home.
We employ Gas Safe Registered engineers to do these checks, which help to make sure gas appliances remain as safe as possible.
We also include a visual inspection of your own gas appliances to make sure they are working as they should and a test of your smoke alarms.
We will contact you at least eight weeks before your service is due to arrange an appointment to carry out a check.
If the appointment is not convenient, please contact us to change it.
As a tenant, it is your responsibility to:
- Allow us into your home to carry out a gas safety check. If you do not give us access, we can obtain a court injunction to allow us entry.
- Keep appointment times and tell us of any change in your circumstances as early as possible
- Try to be flexible when re-arranging appointments
- Have gas and electric available on your meter
- Ensure the gas meter is accessible to us
- Be courteous to BVT staff and representatives
- Report the smell of gas to the National Gas Emergency number which you can immediately on 0800 111 999.
Once the service has been carried out, we will post a copy of the gas safety record to you.
For more information on gas safety and tips for staying safe in your home, please visit www.gassaferegister.co.uk
To view guidance manuals for the boiler in your home, please visit the following websites.