There are some common heating issues that are more likely to happen in the winter, when systems are switched back on after the summer.
Before reporting a repair, please:
- Check your thermostat is on. If the radiators don’t warm up, go to the programmer and make sure the central heating (CH) and hot water (HW) are on.
- If your radiators aren’t warm all over, you will need to ‘bleed’ them. This is straightforward and instructions can be found at www.uswitch.com
- If your system has a permanent pilot light (generally on ‘back boilers’) check it hasn’t gone out. If it has, relight your back boiler by following the instructions on the drop down flap under the gas fire. If these are not available, please call us on 0300 333 6540.
- Try putting your heating on full for a while to see if the boiler fires or locks out to reset (normally indicated by a flashing red light). On Worcester Bosch boilers, the reset switch is the flashing red light at the top right of the boiler panel. Press and hold this button until the boiler resets. Boilers can also return to factory settings when a prepayment meter runs out of gas.
- Try turning the boiler on and off. The switch is usually near the boiler or in an airing cupboard.
- If you have a sealed or combination boiler, see if the system pressure has dropped and stopped it working. To do this, check the pressure gauge on your boiler is set at 1 bar. A red needle may show its original position when it was installed. Look in the user manual for your boiler to see if you can re-pressurise it yourself. You can find instructions on the inside of the control panel or links to boiler manuals on the Gas Safety page of our website.
- Worcester Bosch also have a helpful boiler troubleshooting tool on their website, which you can use at www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support/troubleshooting/tool
If the panel on your boiler needs tools to remove it, do not touch it and instead call us on 0300 333 6540 to report a repair.
If you have followed this advice and your heating or hot water is still not working, please call us to report a repair on 0300 333 6540.
, Looking after your home
Categorised in: Looking After Your Home