There are some common heating issues that are more likely to happen in the winter, when systems are switched back on after the summer.
Before reporting a repair, please consider the following:
- If you have a system with a hot water cylinder (sometimes referred to as an immersion heater), check your thermostat is on. If the radiators don’t warm up or your hot water isn’t working, go to the programmer and make sure the central heating (CH) and hot water (HW) are on.
- If your radiators are cold at the top, you will need to ‘bleed’ them. This is straightforward and instructions can be found at www.uswitch.com
- If your system has a permanent pilot light (generally on ‘back boilers’) check it hasn’t gone out. If it has, relight your back boiler by following the instructions on the drop-down flap under the gas fire. If these are not available, please call us on 0300 333 6540.
- If you have a prepayment meter and it has run out of gas your boiler may require a reset. On Older Worcester Bosch boilers, the reset switch is the flashing red light at the top right of the boiler panel. Press and hold this button until the boiler resets. On newer Worcester Bosch boilers, follow the instructions on the digital screen.
- On newer Worcester Bosch boilers an error code will be displayed on the front of the boiler. If you cannot restart the boiler, please quote this code when phoning our Customer Services team or out of hours service.
- Try turning the boiler on and off. The switch is usually near the boiler or in an airing cupboard.
- Worcester Bosch also have a helpful boiler troubleshooting tool on their website, which you can use at www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/support/troubleshooting/tool
If the panel on your boiler needs tools to remove it, do not touch it and instead call us on 0300 333 6540 to report a repair.
If you have followed this advice and your heating or hot water is still not working, please call us to report a repair on 0300 333 6540.