As your landlord and housing association it is our responsibility to take precautions to prevent Legionella in your home’s water system.
As a tenant, there are steps that you can take to lower the risk of the bacteria forming, which include:
- If your boiler or hot water tank isn’t working properly, report it to us
- Try not to adjust the temperature settings on your boiler or hot water system. Hot water should be set to 60°C.
- If you find any debris or discolouration in your water, report it to us
- If you have a shower and only use it occasionally, flush it through by running it for at least two minutes once a week. Clean the showerhead periodically by descaling and disinfecting it.
- If you are leaving your home empty for five nights or more, when you return flush the shower out as above, any toilets with the lid closed before use and the hot and cold water systems by running outlets for at least two minutes.
If you believe that your boiler, hot water tank or water system is not working as it should, please contact us.
, hot water system
, Looking after your home
, tenant responsibility
, water safety
Categorised in: Looking After Your Home