We have made some changes to our repairs service in response to Covid. Please go to the Repairs Service and Coronavirus page for the latest information.
It is important that before reporting a repair to us that you know what category it is.
This ensures we can provide the best service to you by allocating our resources in the right way and it also helps you to report a repair accurately to us.
There are three different repair categories:
A defect or fault which puts the health, safety or security of an occupier at immediate risk or potential to cause harm to the structure of the property. We will attend and make safe emergency repairs the same day.
Emergency repairs are:
- Total failure of the electricity lighting and/or power and lighting to communal stairways and corridors if dangerous.
- Activated smoke alarm.
- Complete failure of heating or hot water to a property during 31st October-1st May.
- Overflowing drains or blocked toilets.
- Major leaks, which are un-controllable and cannot be contained.
- Board up an unsafe broken window or door.
- Locked out of property (first lockout free of charge. Charges will apply thereafter).
- Book any follow on repairs as routine repairs
To report an emergency repair, please call our Customer Services team on 0300 333 6540.
A repair that does not cause an immediate risk to your health, safety or security or harm the structure of your property. It is reasonable that you can live with the defect for a period without a significant risk to your health or wellbeing. We will complete routine repairs at a time convenient for you and our team’s availability.
- Routine repairs will be completed within 21 calendar days, with some prioritised for an earlier completion within seven days. (Please note we have made some changes to routine repair in response to Covid. Please go to the Repairs Service and Coronavirus page for details.)
- Your home will be left in a clean, safe and secure condition.
You can report a routine repair by completing a Report a Repair form.
One off larger repairs that do not cause an immediate risk to your health, safety or security or harm the structure of your property. These can be grouped together to form programmes in order to deliver value for money, for example external pathways or (non-boundary) fencing replacements.
Only emergency repairs should be reported to our out-of-hours service which operates after 5pm and before 8.30am. To access our out-of-hours service, please continue to call us on 0300 333 6540.
If you are in any doubt about the category your repair falls into, please contact our Customer Services team.