We have made some changes to our repairs service in response to the continuing rise in Covid cases in our areas. Please go to the Repairs Service and Coronavirus page for the latest information.
If you are a BVT tenant there are some repairs in your home that you are responsible for looking after.
- All gardening maintenance including dustbins and refuse areas where applicable.
- Boundary fencing between gardens (other than chain-link fencing and privacy panel and fencing in Lightmoor and Lawley).
- Sheds (unless funded by BVT).
- Keeping gully grids clear.
- Household infestations (ants, wasps, bees, cockroaches, mice, fleas, rats or bedbugs unless included in service charge). Making good will be carried out by BVT on request.
- House keys.
- Replacing clothes lines, posts and rotary driers (except in communal drying areas).
- Replacing or repairing water butts.
- Any personally-added home improvements (Inc. electrical).
- Resetting electrical trip switches where accessible.
- Replacing light bulbs and fluorescent tubes (excluding design for life LED fittings).
- Replacing fuses to plugs on appliances.
- Cleaning extractor fan vents.
- Telephone points, TV aerials and sockets (unless communal).
- Reattaching light pull cords.
- Reporting the smell of gas to the National Gas Emergency number, which you can immediately on 0800 111 999.
- Re-lighting pilot lights.
- Bleeding radiators.
- Re-pressuring the boiler (including the resetting of any heating controls or programmers).
- Unblocking minor internal blockages to basins, sink, bath, toilets, washing machines, dishwashers.
- Replacing or repairing chains and plugs to sinks, basins and baths.
- Fitting or replacing external door numbers (in-line with the BVT design guide) door knockers and bells (do not drill into PVC material).
- Repairing or replacing broken glazing (unless you are a victim of crime and a crime number supplied).
- Decoration (except if detailed in your tenancy agreement).
- Domestic appliances (such as cookers, fridges, washing machines, dishwashers).
- Floor covering unless in kitchen or bathroom.
- Shower curtains.
- Repairing or replacing toilet seats.
- General fixtures and fittings (such as coat hooks, curtains, curtain rails).
We will not complete repairs due to neglect, wilful or accidental damage caused by yourself, family members, visitors or pets.
For details of how we categorise repairs that we are responsible for, please go to our Repair Categories page.
Tags: repair responsibilities
, report a repair
Categorised in: Report A Repair, Your BVT