To protect you as a BVT customer and our staff and to ensure we can continue to provide our most essential services during this time, we are currently providing an emergency repairs service only. This is as a result of changes to our services caused by the coronavirus outbreak.
You can continue to report routine repairs to us online on our Report a Repair Now page but please be aware that we will not be able to do the work straight away or as quickly as usual due to impact of the coronavirus outbreak. We are also unable to provide you with an indication as to when your repair will be scheduled. Our teams will contact you with an appointment time once we are able to.
These changes mean that we will be prioritising and carrying out the following repairs only;
Outside your home
- Blocked and overflowing drains within the boundary
- Household infestations to our care and sheltered properties
- Loss of keys (first lockout free of charge)
- Boundary walls and fences on public boundaries to highways or common areas if unsecured
- Paths to front and rear of property including steps and ramps if a trip hazard.
- Rain penetrating through roof
- Making safe blocked chimney flue or damaged/broken element likely to fall and cause injury.
- No lights at all to a kitchen, bathroom, single floor or whole property
- No power at all to a single floor or property (all downstairs or all upstairs)
- Dangerous or exposed wires to fittings, switches or sockets
- Shower repairs if it’s the only source of washing and provided by BVT
- Check of electrics after water penetration
- Mains wired smoke alarm activation
- Mains wired CO2 alarm activation
- Partial failure of lighting to communal areas
- Door entry phone not working
- Door release solenoid not working.
Gas & heating
- Gas pipework
- Total or partial heating and/or hot water failure (31st Oct – 1st May)
- If you smell gas, please call National Gas Emergency number immediately 0800 111 999.
- Plumbing major leaks (except for washing machines and dishwashers)
- Internal blockages that if left will cause distress due to not having alternative washing and sanitary facilities
- Kitchen sink unusable
- Bath repairs if only source of washing
- Wash hand basin repairs if its the only wash hand basin in the property
- Toilet repairs if its the only toilet in the property
Fixtures & fittings
- External doors and windows – make safe or secure.
Please note this emergency service is in place of our usual service standards at this time. To report an emergency repair, please continue to call us on 0300 333 6540.
For detailed information about changes to other services during this time, please go to our Information about coronavirus and our services page.
, Emergency repairs
, report a repair
Categorised in: Report A Repair, Your BVT